About Our Location - Norfolk, Virginia
Located in the metro area called Hampton Roads in the state of Virginia, Norfolk has a long history as a strategic military and transportation hub. The city is home to the world’s largest naval base and the North American Headquarters for NATO. Norfolk is considered to be the historic, urban, financial and cultural center of the region. It is linked by an extensive network of interstate highways, bridges, tunnels, and within the city, light rail.
Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
600 Gresham Drive
Norfolk, VA 23507
General Information: (833) 266-1891
Concierge: (757) 388-8371
Travel and Transportation
The campus is easily accessible by car and close to two major airports serving residents from Southeastern Virginia, Northeastern North Carolina and beyond.
- Flying: Norfolk International Airport is 25 minutes from our campus, and Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport is 40 minutes away. Upon landing, there are a variety of airport shuttles and taxis available.
- Driving: Our Norfolk campus is bounded by Colley Avenue, Brambleton Avenue, Hampton Boulevard, Redgate Avenue and accessible by Interstates 64, 264 and 664.
- Parking: We offer outpatient, short-term and long-term parking lots, as well as free valet parking service located at the heart hospital and river pavilion entrances.
Driving Times to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- Williamsburg, VA - 1 hour
- Charlottesville, VA - 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Durham, NC - 3 hours
- Raleigh, NC - 3 hours
- Wilmington, NC - 4 hours and 15 minutes
- Knoxville, TN - 8 hours
Flying Times to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- Charlotte, NC - 1 hour
- NYC - 1 hour
- Philadelphia - 1 hour
- Baltimore - 50 minutes
- Washington, D.C. - 50 minutes